The municipality of Smartno pri Litiji started a project in 2010 of complete content and programme renovation of the Bogensperk Castle.
By establishing a public-private partnership, the public partner wishes to acquire dedicated premises for:
- A restaurant for up to 120 guests;
- The premises of the summer garden within the restaurant;
- The premises for the promotion and sale of local food and handicraft products;
- Accommodation of up to 6 apartments;
- Residential studios (crafts and graphics);
- The premises of the tourist information centre;
- Multipurpose rooms with a capacity of 70 to 100 visitors;
- Exhibition space (approx. 80–100 m2);
- Administrative centres;
And their use for tourism, cultural, research and hospitality purposes.
The public partner expects that the private partner will receive a return on the investment through the possibility of marketing individual dedicated premises intended for the implementation of tourism and catering activities.